Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
28 Sep 2007
Hi, My 8 month old son had Grommets done about 2-3 weeks ago and things just seemed fine he stopped crying and one could see that he was a lot happier then before the proceedure, however last week he started with the constent crying and since tuesday this week he cries non stop at night too. He is on fresh soya milk as he tends to get sick from full cream milk, he east about 400g of the purity stage 3 for lunch and supper and about the same amount of breakfast every morning without the in between snacks. he normally has about about 3-4 bottles during the day and night with out the tea and and juices and water that he has as well. the thing that is concerning me is that he doesnt stop crying and he now doesnt want to drink his milk bottles. he had colic when he was smaller and i am sure that he has now outgrown it, when he does cry he often grabs at the left ear (the one that caused his to have the grommets done) and he then arches his back. what could be wrong and is it to early to take him off the milk as a feeding all together?
It seems as if your son is still having pain in his left ear. He needs to be seen by the ENT surgeon who performed the operation.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Blood type A may increase Covid-19 risk, study finds
- Four Covid-related skin complaints everyone should look out for
- Best evidence on Covid-19 vaccines, immunity and whether the virus will become endemic or seasonal
- Seven tips for choosing healthier drinks, and avoiding that hangover
- Tailored diets are essential for mental health, according to new research
- Police minister to 'seek clarity' on claims News24 journalist 'bugged'
- Ralph Mathekga | Mkhwebane inquiry: Where does the loyalty of the ANC caucus lie?
- North West intervention: 'Let's not mention names' - committee chair tells MPs
- Brian Molefe: I have no regrets that I knew the Guptas
- Reprimand or worse? What could happen if Mogoeng fails to retract 'brazenly defiant' Israel comments
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9380 votes
67% - 19472 votes