Ask an expert

10 Oct 2006

Addiction to OTC meds eg Codeine
How do you help somebody that does not want to be hepled and does not see the distruction they are causing to themselves and to the people closets to them. If they don't have the money to pay for their addction, what can be done, by law and not cause them to die. I'm talking about a very elderly person and do not want or expect help? PLEASE ADVISE?? In the process of getting proffesional guidence and help. How do I/we handle this and not loose the person so dear to us in this porcess?

Answer 371 views

01 Jan 0001

You'll have to get professional help. Consult a doctor for information on affordable rehab centres
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.