Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
06 Feb 2006
How long before withdrawal symptoms go away for Efexor
I was on 450mg of Efexor a day. I decided to take myself off gradually without the aid of my physiciatrist as i was afraid he would try and keep me on it. I got myself down to 75mg a day and have now stopped taking all together for about 4 days. I am extremely dizzy and feel nauseous at times. how long before these symptoms go away??? Is there anything i can do to make the physical withdrawal easier, emotionally I am doing great.
Withdrawel should be done very gradually - In theory it's recommended only decrease your dosage only every second week and then by as little as 20 % at a time. Of course, it would be recommended under supervision of your prescriber....
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Another coronavirus variant detected in SA, but no reason to panic, says KRISP director
- Scientists find over 100 harmful substances in plastic children’s toys
- Some employees hate team bonding activities, so they should be made entirely voluntary, say researchers
- Do children and teens need to be vaccinated to get the Covid-19 pandemic under control?
- Having trouble sleeping? Here’s the science on 3 traditional bedtime remedies
- Covid-19: Why Solidarity's vaccine procurement plan may not be feasible
- Brian Molefe adamant that Ramaphosa's 'influence' was used to seal dodgy coal deal
- Electoral Bill seeks to protect voters' personal info 'from unreasonable disclosures'
- 'If I get time, I will': Zandile Gumede open to visiting Zuma
- 'Mama, I'm going to play' - final words young boy spoke to his mom before drowning
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9370 votes
67% - 19368 votes