Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
09 Sep 2007
Hi there, we have been using Nutrivene supplements, which includes a daily supplement, neauromins dha, daily enzyme and evening primrose oil, which has been formulated in th usa for people with down syndrome, another thing they suggest is the use of piracetam which is often used in ol timer patients for the brain, I didn't mind using the supplements because they are all natural, but I have ben abit wary of the piracetam because it is medicine. Have your heard of this before, and are there any long term after affect that you know about and what are the + affects that you know about. Dischem get the Nutrivene from overseas for the people who buy it for down syndrome. thanks. My son is 3 and a half.
Piracetam is a supplement that improves blood flow to the brain - Most studies have shown it t o have very few side effects
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Could following a vegan diet lead to poor bone health? Here’s what a study found
- Traditional healers in South Africa are exposed to infection, but few can get protective gear
- Covid then vs Covid now: The emergence of variants and how the virus has evolved
- Experts want greater transparency about delayed skin reactions some people get from Moderna vaccine
- Scientists find link between lower daily temperatures and higher rate of transmission of Covid-19
- Christo Wiese: Don't blame SA prosecutors for slow pace of 'extremely complicated' Steinhoff probe
- Former Steinhoff CEO Markus Jooste has been charged in Germany. Now what?
- Gauteng DA says it's not defying national leaders by voting to oust Gauteng Premier David Makhura
- SATURDAY PROFILE | Former intelligence head Barry Gilder: 'There is a need for young voices in SA'
- ‘It was always there’: German envoy Martin Schäfer remembers Shoah survivor Veronica Phillips
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9379 votes
67% - 19423 votes