Ask an expert

08 Oct 2008


I want to bring my period forward and Dr Bets advised me either to take a light contraceptive or Primolut N. I do not use any method of contraception as my fiance had a vasectomy 3 years ago. Im getting married on the 24/1/09 and my period is due to start +- 21/1/09 thats why I want to bring it forward, What light contraceptive are available and how does Promolut N work?

Answer 431 views

01 Jan 0001

Hi Tiekie

Both of these are presciption items and you will have to see your doctor first.

In your case I'd suggest primolut. With this your monthly bleeding can be brought forward or delayed if particular circumstances require this.
Together, you and your doctor will decide on a starting date of treatment. Bleeding will occur 2 to 3 days after having stopped medication.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.