Question

;)
hi,

thanks 4 the advice doc... i think i am going to suggest that she addresses her issues b4 comin back 2 me, see what may come of this, what will b will b...

went to news cafe last night... some girl strted hittin on me a bit and didn't know she had a boyfriend... didn't want 2 get into fight... but if a girl is gettin jiggy with other men then hittin on me couldn't b right...

got in touch with unisa, the head of bsc said she would not accept me... 4 first year due to math... a contradiction from all the other unisa support... inmy retourt am going 2 do what i can... sometimes life throws us so many obstacles, am a tetris fundi in life... pitty i couldn't get a tetris wife ;)

thought bout some of lifes risk and y things r the way they r... thought of openin up that mug and been, gettin it going well, get my mom into somethin more stable... get more time practicin my swing so on teh coarse and more able...

thought bout the people on the forum... a text structure brings about support infrastructure...

thought bout the people who have died from natures ways... thought bout the government and democratic days... i got home early from the news, had a few 2 much from that booze... got a bit lonely and let the dogs in, smoked a bit and got into a mind set... saw the future and the past... for a moment i forget...

i wanted more than what was in store so am makin another plan, thought bout yesterdays events... and then i played with mini and max, i thought it was time to relax... at the bewitchin hour... i found a tower... one of bavel, if god destroyed it and turned peoples tongues i wonder y he flawd it... if not created in his image... if not his sons and daughters y not let them into a home, thought it was their home 2, if this story is true... if it wasn't just an alien craft ... sounds daft... but the truth sometimes is...

i had so much 2 say 2day... i wanted to b somethin more interestin, i was talkin 2 myself last night but no one was listenin...

Dude

Answer

Hi Dude,
Yes, if she can finish with her main issues before returning, then whatever does or doesn't happen between you two, can be separate from the Issues themselves. Pity UNISA is so pickyn about maths ( though sometimes, it might become so necessary through parts of the course that they find it wise to insts ) --- pity there's no exemption for tetris fundi's. And are you sure mini and max weren't listening last night ?
I had a great old friend, a legendary Psychologist in America called Carl Rogers, and one of his principles was the importance of what he called "Unconditional Positive Regard", which I pointed out to him every dog is brilliant at doing --- he likes you, not BECAUSE of anything in particular, but he likes without conditions.