Question

?
Hi, i have been using the treadmill afew times a week, walking quite fast not running. I have found that my ankle and where i can move my foot around is constantly sore, even more so when i am walking. I also found that my toes started to become quite sore and then numb during the walking. Why is this? It is only my one foot. My knees do not hurt at all as i know treadnill can cause them to becme painful.
Answer
Foot expert

I am not sure exactl where you are describing the pain, but if I am understanding you it sounds as if you have a condition called a compartment syndrome and the fact that it is causing numbness makes it more severe to the point that you cannot leave this. Please go see any of the following a sports podiatrist, a sports physiotherapist, a sports physician or an orthopaedic surgeon.
In all probability when you go there will be nothing wrong with you but this is a condition that is induced by exercise.
There is one other additional possible, where you may have the pulse on top of your foot closed off by the laces of your shoe, and this can cause your toes to go numb.
please get a professional opinion
to get referred to a podiatrist please call the SA Podiatry assn 0861 100 249