Question

1 week old kitten
I have an orphaned kitten, who is aproximately one week old. I am feeding it royal kitty formula every 2 - 3 hours. It sucks between 2 -5 ml at a time. I wipe him with warm cotton wool, and having being trying to s, he does not stimulate urination and passing of stool. He wees at every feed and inbetween, but has not passed stool. I got him on monday night, and as they were going to euthanaise him, he was not fed the whole day. If I look, he appears to have an anal opening. He sleeps well between feeds and is not bloated, his abdomen is soft, he does not appear distressed. I am concerned about him not passing stool - should I being doing something else about this?
cybervet

The kitten will not pass motions after every feed but usually they will urinate when stimulated after / during feeding. After the feed stimulate the back part of the tummy with the warm cotton wool (this is to take the place of the mother that usually licks the bottom of the tummy to stimulate them). If nothing is passed after 3 days have your vet check the kitten over.