Question

10 month old twins exposed to violence
Hi, my bf has twins with his ex fiance who is staying with her mother. Over the weekend the ex''s mother came home drunk and beat her up. The children were exposed to this! The ex fiance is not working and cant drive and cant afford to move out of her mothers home, she is 25. He is now worried about his kids being exposed to this violence. What should he do in this situation? It is affecting our relationship as he is so ''out of it''. What can I do to help him? Please help. Thanks.

If her mother beat her, maybe she should consider laying criminal charges of assault against the nasty old woman ? Maybe he should ask CHild Welfare to assess whether staying with the mother is suitable for the children's benefit ?