Ask an expert

10 Aug 2011

10 month old twins exposed to violence
Hi, my bf has twins with his ex fiance who is staying with her mother. Over the weekend the ex''s mother came home drunk and beat her up. The children were exposed to this! The ex fiance is not working and cant drive and cant afford to move out of her mothers home, she is 25. He is now worried about his kids being exposed to this violence. What should he do in this situation? It is affecting our relationship as he is so ''out of it''. What can I do to help him? Please help. Thanks.
Answer 531 views

01 Jan 0001

If her mother beat her, maybe she should consider laying criminal charges of assault against the nasty old woman ? Maybe he should ask CHild Welfare to assess whether staying with the mother is suitable for the children's benefit ?
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9321 votes
67% - 18659 votes