Question

10 year old stomach pains
My daughter is 10 years old and for the past 3 months, she has stomach pains every morning. She is a happy child and happy at school. I give her buscopan every morning but feels it is going on for too long now. any advice?

Concerned, I can’t tell you what the problem is without examining her first, but I can tell you that you should have it looked at. It might just be recurrent abdominal pain syndrome, but you should have your doctor make sure there is nothing the matter. If you’re interested in more information on RAP (recurrent abdominal pain syndrome), you can mail me at CyberDoc@mweb.co.za. Good luck.