Question

2 months Injection
Dear Doctor

Doctor i would like to know how long does the 2 months injection last in my body ?i have only had the injection once that was on the 21/02/2007.

My husband and i have since decided that we now want to have a baby, i was not sure if im ready at the time but i have changed my mind and i would like us to have a baby.

Is there something one can use to clean the injection out my system before its time?

Your response will be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards
Lynn
fertility expert

Dear Lynn

The return to fertility after injectable conception is very unpredictable. In extreme cases the effects may persist for up to two years. However, a rough indication would be given by the return to normal menstrual cycles. Should menstrual cycles become regular it is more than likely that ovulatory patterns have established themselves and would therefore not pose a problem to conception, all other factors being equal. Should you wish to speed up conception, the use of ovulation induction agents such as Clomiphene citrate( Clomid, fertimed, serifene ecetera) may be used. Please note this should be used under doctor supervision.