Question

2 Questions
Hello Doctor

I have two questions I hope you can help me with.

I have recently (about two months ago) had a baby and delivered via emergency c section. I have noticed that when my husband and I have intercourse, I bleed the next day. It is not heavey bleeding and lasts only a few hours. I have never had this problem before. Could it be due to having a c section? Should I be concerned or wait and see if it still happens after a few months?

Secondly, before falling pregnant I used Minerva for acne. I asked my gynae to prescribe it to me but was told he could only issue a six month script. Does this mean after six months I have to change pills? Will I need to make an appointment to get another script or is it normal for a gynae to just repeat the script. Is there bad side effects of Minerva which prompts doctors to only issue a six month script?

Thank you.

Bleeding after intercourse could mean a problem with the cervix. It should not be due to the caesarean. Give it a few weeks more. If it persists, see your doctor.
Minerva is quite a high dose pill, so should be assessed 6 monthly to see whether it is necessary to continue. You will need to see your doctor again in 6 months.