Question

2 Week Period
Hi Doc,

Firstly a bit of history. I was using the Marena as a contraceptive. My gynae also put me on Diana for my skin. In Feb this year I had the Marena removed and stopped the pill because we want to conceive.

Problem now is my period is not what I would consider normal. My period would start and continue for about 5 days (light with a brown colour). Then after about 5 days my period would start again (heavy with a red colour) and continue for another 5 days.

So this has made it very difficult for me to calculate when I ovulate.

Would you be able to help in this case? I am 36.

Much appreciated.

It sounds like you have premenstrual spotting. Count from the first day of heavy bleeding.