Question

23YR OLD ACNE
Dear Doc,

I am a 23 year old, for the last three years I have had acne. I have been to my GP who has prescribed me with Neo-medrol which had been helping (but does not clear up completely) on a temporary basis only. Once I stop the lotion, I break out again. Any suggestions?

Natdon, I suppose you also use a good face wash. You can also try taking an antibiotic (minocycline, doxycycline, co-trimoxazole) for 3-6 months and see what it does. If it doesn’t help, you might have to move up to Retin A® gel or even Roaccutane®. Good luck.