Question

3 weeks to go, but feeling down and tear

My c-section is booked for 3 weeks today, but the last few days I've been feeling really wierd. I burst into tears yesterday and didn't know why. My hubby thinks its anxiety- our 6 year old has been quite poorly with flu and cos we lost our 2nd baby at 24 weeks, then had 2 failed IVF's, this pregnancy has been a miracle. I think he might be right, we've come this far and now with only 3 weeks to go, I'm so scared something might go wrong again. I know I should be positive and not think of the worst but I'm battling. Baby is breech, so I'm pretty uncomfortable now and not sleeping so well.
Wish I could just fast forward the next 3 weeks and hold my little baby in my arms and know everything is OK. Its been the longest year of my life!
Date: 27/8/2007

Dear SJ,
When the wild hormones are raging, one needs no other reason to rage or weep, and you have other reasons to feel stressed and worried. Interesting, isn't it, that although factually, the longer the pregnancy continues the more likely it is to conclude safely, emotionally one can feel more at risk, and more anxious. It's a long time, both the attempts to fall pregnant, and then this long waiting period. Discuss this with your doc, and enlist the comfort and support of friends and family, and I hope we will all soon be hearing good news from you of a happy ending to this whole process.