Question

'How dangerous is it to train with 'Flu ?
Hi CyberDoc,

I have been led 2 blieve that going to Gym (or any other sport for that matter) while one has the flu can actually irrepairably damage your heart and can even cause a heart attack ??

I have recently had a bout of flu and took Advil cs and Medi Keel A (for throat) and seemed OK. Being on Holiday there was nothing on Earth that was going to stop me from Surfing and going to Gym (every day that is !!) 3 weeks later I've still got a bit of the flu, and my Chest is a little "rough", but I'm sure I haven't damaged anything ?

Therefore my question, how dangerous is it to train with the flu ??

Clint

PS. I went for Electrolyses 3 months ago on my very troublesome ingrowing eyelashes and had 5 of them removed by Laser. Seems 2 have worked great - like a new pair of eyes !! Thanks 4 the suggestion !!

Clint, it’s not a given that you will get heart problems when you have the flu. The problem is that when you have the flu, the virus might cause inflammation of the heart muscle (myocarditis). It’s when you do strenuous exercise when you have myocarditis that you might develop severe heart problems. Good luck.