Question

4 year old eating disorder
Hi Doctor

I have a 4 year old niece , who refuses to eat her food and she has lost alot of weight. I am not sure if her parents have bought any vitamins for her or if she has seen a doctor. Do you have any advice or suggestions.

Thank you

Joanne, the first thing they should do is to take her to the paediatrician to make sure that there is no physical problem. If there is nothing wrong, it will be a case of persistence and tough love. She will have to learn that she will have to eat her food or there will be no rewards like going outside to play, TV, sweets, etc. Good luck.