Question

40 days
My wife and I watched the movie 40 days and 40 nights last night (I am sure that without reading the rest of this you know were it is going). My wife has now put the 40-day abstinence challenge to me. For reasons that will take a long time to explain but basically involve keeping my male (stupid) pride in-tacked I have had to accept this challenge. My question is: is there any health risk involved in not ejaculating for an entire 40 days and nights? I do realize that my chances of success are almost nil, and that the answer to this question will not be of consequence if I fail, but non-completion due to health risk will help in saving face.

It is not medically or physically detrimental to your system if you stop having sex, or choose not to masturbate for 40 days (or longer). Your reproductive system continues to produce millions of immature sperm every day, regardless of whether or not you engage in any kind of sexual activity. It is pretty common for both men and women to go through extended periods of time of sexual inactivity. There are no resulting problems with erection, ejaculation, lubrication, or orgasm.

Dr Elna Mcintosh