Question

45 struggling to lose weight. On High blood pressure medicine.
I am in need of a every day normal dieet, stuff that you will have in the house and is easy to prepare. I cannot seem so lose weight. I suffer from swollen feet and ankles, especially on hot days and seem to think that this might be the blood pressure medication. I take a Concor 10mg tablet each morning. Apart from that I am a smoker. I am healthy otherwise. Walk on the health waker for 30 min a day and then do a couple of tummy tucks. Oops O yes, I am a woman.

Dear Henri
The best way to lose weight is to eat a low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' and 'Weight loss' and 'Slimming Diet') and to do regular exercise. Discuss the swollen feet and ankles with your prescribing doctor as he/she may have to adjust your medication and it is always a good idea to have such symptoms checked out. Also enquire if you are allowed to participate in more energetic exercise such as cycling or skipping, etc. If you get the go-ahead it will help both your weight loss and the hypertension to do more vigorous exercise, but ask the dr first.