Question

5-6 week nagging cough
I had this cough for some time now, going into my 6th week. I've been to the GP(during the 3rd week), he gave me anti-b, steroids and cough mixture. He initially thought it could be TB, but its not. I'm not spitting blood or anything heavy of the sort. I cough mostly when I speak. To some it seems funny, cause I sound as if I stutter. Its not a continuous cough, just bursts and then goes.
It sometimes feels as if there's 'water in my throat'. I can make myself cough by not pressing too hard on that particular spot. Its not as bad as its been during the 2nd week. Here I was totally confused with everything. Also I developed a BAD case of constipation and had to get medical assistance. Must say its a great way to lose weight :) Despite the VERY weird side effects

Please advise....

GABCN, it’s difficult to say what the problem is without being able to examine you first. It isn’t abnormal for some people to cough for up to 6 weeks after having had bronchitis. That said, maybe the best would be to at least have an x-ray taken to make sure there isn’t something serious going on. If the x-ray is clear you can wait another 2 weeks or so before you see your doctor again. Good luck.