Question

5 wks preggies but too small
Dear Doc

i just came back from my gynae for check up, i did 2 HPTs and it came positive but i had this brownish discharge for the past days. My doc put me on a scan, he confirmed the pregnancy but the baby is too small cos according to my cycle i should be 5 wks preggies now, but the pregnancy is too small and he does not know what could be causing it to be that small! and he is concerned about the discharge as well!, he prescribed duphaston that i should take for seven days, am seeing him again next week to check if it's growing. What could be causing it to be so small at five wks doc. Please advise am so worried, i have waited 10 yrs to have another child. Please help

At 5 weeks, the preganncy is barely visible, so I am not sure what your deoctor means. The Duphaston will help prevent a miscarriage if your progesterone is low. There is nothing else you can do at this stage.