Question

5 year old boy humping bed
my husband caught my 5 year old boy this morning with his pants on his knees busy " humping"  his bed ?? When asking him were he saw this he responded on the television..

Is this normal (I don''t think so) - and how do I address this??
sexologist

The question would be where and when did he see it on TV. Do you allow him to see programs like that? There is a risk that he observed (or was shown) unwanted material. It is also normal for some young children to 'masturbate'. If he did do it before, this is unlikely normal age related masturbation. Explain to him it is not good, but please do not make a big fuss - it elicit guilt which can harm him for a long time. Evaluate his daycare and the chances of unwanted exposure. Deidre - SASHA