Question

6 month old baby not wanting to stand
Hi my domestic has had a baby about six months ago (my domestic is 45). The child is now learning to sit, she is very alert and looks like a normal child. BUT when we try to stand her as soon as her feet are on the ground she lifts her legs, it is as if she has pain but does not cry. even when my domestic holds her up and I put her legs straight and she lowers her to the floor, she again lifts her legs. We both seem to think that there is something wrong with her knees. She can kick and move her legs around.
Please would you be able to give me some advice on what we should do.
Samantha, Roodepoort

Samantha, it’s not the end of the world if the child doesn’t want to stand, but it may be a sign of an underlying problem of the knees or hips and even the spinal column. The best would be to see a doctor and have x-rays taken. Good luck.