Question

7 weeks and weak breathing
Hi doctor

I went to my gynae Fri 7/3/2003. He said I was 7 weeks along but was suprised that the heartbeat was weak. He said not to worry and return 5 days later. Why was I sent for Hormone blood tests(1 vyle). Is this normal at 7 weeks (weak heartbeat)? I can't help but feel worried. Anybody else with similar experience may reply.

I'm not sure what your doctor meant by a weak heartbeat. If the heartbeat was not clearly seen, this may have been because you are earlier than expected and this may be why the blood was sent. If the heartbeat was seen, possibly it may have been slow or irregular. This is not uncommon in early pregnancy. You are obviouly anxious, but things may be clearer when you have the next scan in a few days time.