Ask an expert

04 Apr 2013

A few years back I was diagnosed with a skin condition called Granuole Granulêre (Afrikaans). I cannont find any information on it and the condition is getting worse. It took a biopsy and many consultations to come up with the diagnosis.
I want to avoid seeing doctor after doctor again to confirm my skin condition which is getting worse. What is the correct name or alternatively the English name. What can I do to get rid of it and what causes it? At the time, about 8 years ago, I was told that the condition or scar tissue can only be removed by laser and that it is a cosmetic condition. I was further told that my skin attempts to eject damageged cells and tissue instead of absorbing it. Is this accurate and can I not perhaps take supliments of some sort in order to manage the condition? Can this ever growing scar tissue (for lack of a better word) lead to something more serious such as skin cancer?
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
34% - 9260 votes
66% - 17823 votes