Question

03 Feb

Annual leave
I came back from maternity leave aound end of August and every time I want to apply for annual leave its a problem. My manager and HR manager then tries to make up reasons why I cant take leave and I was told I am not allowed to take sick leave either as I was on maternity leave. What can I do? Is this not unfair treatment?
Labour lawyer
Labour lawyer

06 Feb

re: Annual Leave

You are certainly entitled to take sick leave in terms of the Basic Conditions of Employment Act, they cannot stop you.
With regard to annual leave, they must give it to you within 6 months of the end of one financial year.  Once again this is in terms of The Basic Conditions of Employment Act.