Question

10 Oct

Chronic headache
Chronic daily headache from pressure in the head.  exacerbated by remaining supine any more than 5 hours at night or exercise I have had this CDH for six months now. Generally mild if I only sleep 5 hours at night and do not exercise. Also exacerbated by mental excitation, agitation. I have had CT scans, MRI with and without contrast, cervical x-ray, neurological exam, blood tests, an eye exam for papilledema, all negative. I am 56 yo male, healthy, non-smoker, non-drinker, mild caffeine use. Previous to the onset of these issues I was hiking 10-12 miles at least three times a week. I started noticing that after exercise I would have an extremely painful headache with pressure behind eyes with no relief from OTC meds. Also, I wake up at 3 AM and am forced to sit up in bed to prevent increased pressure which leads to headaches. I believe if I did not require sleep and could remain standing 24/7 and did not exercise I would be nearly symptom-free. However, I do have constant tinnitus that increases with pressure and a constant feeling of pressure all over my head. The symptoms are the same every day without variation. The constant dull pain caused by the pressure in my head seems to exacerbate any minor irritation for example getting my flu shot. Usually one would expect to feel slightly off as I have in past years after receiving a flu shot. Now, these types of irritations are completely debilitating. I lose an entire day due to what would normally be a minor issue. I have an excellent mental state. No anxiety, depression, financial worries, or any other worries. I have an excellent marriage of 20 years. I have no history of headaches or other health problems. I have been to the doctor more this year than I have in the previous 15 years.
Headache expert
Headache expert

12 Oct

Dear Jeff,

Please be assured that there is always a cause for the pain - your doctors have simply been looking in the wrong place and doing the wrong tests, that is why they have all been negative. Would it be possible for you to call me between 5.30 and 6.30 any evening, so that I can explain in detail how the problem should be approached. Dr Elliot Shevel 0825555763 ?