Question

06 Mar

Clostridium difficule
History- 76 year old female. Normal level of activity. Chronic bladder infections and uterine prolapse. Hysterectomy Nov 2019. Contracted Clostridium difficule. Hospitalized Dec 2019 for IV antibiotics and again in Jan 2020. In Feb urine culture confirmed Klebsiella. Treated with Urizone 3g x 3. Urine test results show no further infection. post-op check-up all normal, but still have constant pelvic floor pain, exhaustion, body aches. New symptoms- depression, anxiety and panic attacks, weight loss, loss of appetite. Now incapacitated. Have been back to gynecologist, GP and homeopath. No relief. My question is should we be patient and allow body to heal, or should we continue to seek medical advice?

20 Mar

Hi Jackie
She has been through a lot, and chronic bladder infections and surgery on top of can cause the symptoms that you have mentioned, especially because it has been quite recent. Having said that, it seems as if the depression and anxiety is having a severe impact on her quality of life, and for this I would advise a psychiatrist. Being chronically ill and having surgery can precipitate depression and anxiety and then, sometimes, it is necessary to take antidepressants to balance the serotonin levels. Good luck and I hope that she feels better soon.