Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- ADHD Expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Asthma Expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Cough Expert
- Oral health expert
- Depression expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
- Oral health expert
- Sex expert
- Sinusitis Expert
Cramping during pregnancy
I an 38 and found out last week that I am 7 weeks pregnant. I am VERY constipated, but working on that. My problem is that I have very intense cramping and it is constant. Basically at this stage it's non stop. There is no bleeding, but I don't think it's normal to cramp like this? Could it be the constipation? My gynea says that cramping is normal, but is it supposed to be this intense and constant?
It could be related to constipation. You could try using Normacol or Fybogel.
You can have cramps in early pregnancy which are similar to period cramps.
If you are concerned, you should contact your doctor.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Cutting-edge scanning technique shows ‘hidden’ damage to lungs - a possible cause of 'long Covid'
- How does the coronavirus reach the brain? Scientists have found out
- A man's urine turned green after five days in the ICU – due to his medication
- 'Spray, sniff and squat': The right smell might just be the motivation you need for the gym
- Twelve minutes of exercise is what you need to get your metabolism going, according to new research
- Ramaphosa's multi-tier lockdown approach welcomed as NMB's Covid-19 cases surge
- Matshela Koko accuses Ramaphosa of meddling in Eskom affairs
- WATCH | CCTV cameras capture drive-by attack on Kinnear murder case witness
- Ivor Sarakinsky | By any meanings necessary: An allegory about the ANC and corruption
- No prescription, but we need pension funds to back the recovery plan, says Masondo
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
34% - 9270 votes
66% - 17914 votes