Question

26 Feb

Depressed because of work place
So I have been with a company for 6 years and for the past 2 years I have been called in to managers office regularly as people complained I dont want to make "friends with them". then came employees that they feel like I dont like them. So I started keeping to myself as there are no examples or proof to back up these claims and I already started feeling depressed. I have been called in again as my best friend at work complained that I dont show sympathy towards her and that I feel everyone gets better treatment than me. Which makes me more depressed as we have been friends for 2 years and I really thought she knew me better than this. I really am not happy at work anymore and so depressed as I dont know why people are making these claims and I do feel its a personal thing as there is no problems with my work but I am always attached and left in tears. I just want to resign but I have 2 children and a lot of financial obligations but also feel I will lose it or have a break down because of this. I also gave birth last last year and my daughter is a year old and I still get told that I was always late to work and I took advantage. BUT they refer to my monthly check ups with my doctor which I always took as annual leave. From a labour point of view what can I do as I am at a point of just ending it all.
Labour lawyer
Labour lawyer

27 Feb

re: Depressed Because of Work Place

Depression at the workplace is a great scurge in the country and many people try and hide it.  It is not good to hide this and it should be important for you to go and see human resources so that they can take active steps in order to help you with battling this health problem.  

It is a duty of the employer to ensure that once you have come forward with the health problem they give you both advice and leeway in order to seek medical help.