Question

Hair breakage
Hi, could hair breakage be caused by a medical condition? My hair just suddenly started breaking and is very brittle. I didn't do anything strange to my hair other than just wash and blow wave it.
Beyond Beauty Q&A
Beyond Beauty Aesthetic Doctor

Thank you very much for your question. The answer is yes. There are however many things that could cause hair breakage, from medical conditions, to vitamin and mineral deficiencies, to the use of harsh hair products, colouring or perming the hair too regularly, having heat treatments too regularly, very rapid weight loss and even hormonal issues can cause the hair to become brittle or cause it to fall out.