Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- ADHD Expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Asthma Expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Cough Expert
- Oral health expert
- Depression expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
- Oral health expert
- Sex expert
- Sinusitis Expert
02 Oct 2013
Hi There, I have been taking the Minerva pill for 7 years and have found it fantastic but in the last year have had an extremely low sex drive. Could this be due to the pill and should I perhaps look at taking another pill?
If there is a more natural alternative I would love to consider this. Thanks
The pill does take out essential nutrients from the body. I suggest you go on a high dose Vitamin B complex, Zinc supplement and Omega 3 (fish oil) supplement to help restore your depleted levels.
There is no other natural alternative.
Dr Debbie Smith
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Five nutrition mistakes you make when you start exercising
- Face masks and the right messaging: Without proper education, could lead to greater Covid-19 spread
- Cutting down on red meat: It's in the social media messaging
- How a healthy brain paralyses you while you sleep
- Activists are calling for a people’s vaccine
- EXCLUSIVE | It's who you know - ex-cops score big in Crime Intelligence PPE scandal
- A dark history of alcohol dependency: Does SA have what it takes to sober up?
- Adriaan Basson | My predictions and wishes for 2021
- ANALYSIS | As Covid-19 ravages the economy, women pay a higher price
- One of SA's largest funeral homes sees 300% increase in funerals in the Eastern Cape in December
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9320 votes
67% - 18647 votes