Question

28 Oct

I get pain right behind my ear when I laugh
Hello, I have been experiencing this for quite a long time now but it is starting to worry me. Every time I laugh for a while I get strong pain behind my ear and once this happens it lasts for a few hours. I do get migraines sometimes but they have linked it to my poor diet. What would the reason for this pain be and do I need to see a doctor for it?
Headache expert
Headache expert

30 Oct

Dear Merve,

Whoever linked your migraines to your poor diet doesn't know what they are talking about. Migraines can be made worse by certain foods, but they are certainly not caused by diet.

Regarding your ear pain, the only way one could diagnose why you are getting the pain is to be examined by an expert - it is impossible to make a diagnosis without examining you.

To contact The Headache Clinic, Johannesburg, call 011 484 0933, or e-mail to info@theheadacheclinic.net