Question

03 Nov

Infertility Depression
Hi Doc I've been diagnosed with PCOS before and after I went to see another gynae and I was diagnosed with endometriosis which I had to do operation. Its been ten years trying for a baby and still nothing.i'm at a point in my life where i'm even scared to go to the doctor i'm tired with bad news,I wish one day i can wake up and receive good news that I'm pregnant.Last time i was admitted to hospital due to high blood pressure and anxiety.What can I do?

23 Nov

Dear Rebaone,

Infertility is an exceedingly difficult condition to deal with both physically and emotionally. But it is also an increasingly common problem, so you are not alone. You are reporting a long-standing history of infertility so you will require a thorough check-up and review. I would advise that you consult with a fertility doctor so that you may receive the necessary assistance to help you conceive. It is also essential that you see a physician or GP as well to help with the control of your blood pressure and perhaps a psychologist to assist with the anxiety as both of these can negatively impact on conception, pregnancy etc.

Answered by Dr T Mohamed