- ADHD Expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Asthma Expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Cough Expert
- Oral health expert
- Depression expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
- Oral health expert
- Sex expert
- Sinusitis Expert
Hi Samantha, thank you for the questions.
It should be fine to use the kojic acid soap while you are on the Roaccutane 10mg however please note that everyone’s skin reacts differently. So your best option would be to test it out and if any sensitivity develops to immediately stop using the kojic acid soap.
It is also a good idea to use a daily sunscreen SPF 30 or higher specific for oily/acne skin that contains zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide.
Other considerations is to add a vitamin C based serum to your skincare regime to help lighten the marks. There are multiple brands that supply vitamin C serums and you can have a look at the following link as a guideline: https://skinmiles.com/shop/product-type/vitamin-c/.
The dark marks are most probably post inflammatory hyperpigmentation caused by the acne and breakouts. These can be difficult to treat, and one may only be able to improve or lighten them with a topical skin regime. Once you are off the Roaccutane and they have not lightened enough with the addition of sunscreen and vitamin C one may have to consider IPL (intense pulse light) or chemical peels.
I hope the above has helped but let me know if you need any further info.
- Coronavirus morning recap: Recommendations for SA hotspots, and latest on vaccines
- Covid vaccines update: Trials, results - what we know so far
- OPINION | Why an antidepressant could be used to treat Covid-19
- How does the coronavirus reach the brain? Scientists have found out
- Researchers identify physical features that could make someone a Covid-19 super-spreader
- EXCLUSIVE | Covid-19 vaccine: SA missed first payment window to join COVAX, a global vaccine access initiative
- WATCH | Knysna, a popular town on the Garden Route, in the midst of Covid-19's second wave
- SA’s most vulnerable may ultimately pay the price for higher public sector wages, court hears
- Preview: Ramaphosa to face first motion of no confidence
- Johann Rupert-chaired Remgro swoops in with offer to buy shares in ‘embarrassment’ Rainbow Chicken