Question

Is there any permanent cure for Hypertension?
I am 39 and my BP varies between, 140-170/80-110. Sometimes when i got to hospital, my BP is normal. sometimes mostly evenings it is High. I felt like pressure in back left side of the head. Doctor gave me Propranolol 20mg two times a day. I don't take much salt, fried foods, alcohol etc. What is the reason for my BP. my family no one had before 60yrs. Is there any permanent cure and why is my BP varying a lot.
Hypertension expert
Hypertension expert

Lifestyle factors - increased BMI, stress, too much salt in the diet, genetics, underlying medical conditions may play a role. The arteries lose their pliability with aging and that is when hypertension starts. No, it can not be cured, but it may be controlled, but, if you stop your medicine, the blood pressure will increase again and become uncontrolled. Variation increases with stress. Start exercising and google breathing exercises to decrease stress.