Question

17 Mar

Microtears under my eyes
Ive had microtears under my eyes since January. When does it heal and go away? I used a facial scrub that caused me to have microtears.
Anti-ageing expert
Anti-ageing expert

30 Mar

Thank you for the question and my sincerest apologies for the long delay with my response. We normally get an email notification when a question is posted however this never came through.

This is a difficult question to answer over the net as ideally one would like to examine the skin before deciding on the best treatment approach. Your best option would be to see a dermatologist who can then advise you on the treatment needed. Considering we are in lockdown I would recommend using an antibacterial topical product such as Bactroban (available from your pharmacy and applied twice daily) in the meantime.

It is very strange that the micro tears are still visible as typically the skin on the face heals within 5 days. I would also stop using any cleanser that is a scrub or contains exfoliating granules. During this period, I would also not use any topical products with active ingredients on the lower eyelid area where the microtears are visible.

I hope the above has helped.

Kind regards

Dr Alek Nikolic