Question

07 Jun

Pigmentation due to skin products
I have pigmentation n suspect its due to products i tried. I am currently using avene range but seems like there is no difference. I once went to a dermatologist but even products recommended did not work at all. I am on the verge of giving up. Any recommendations as to what i can use to heal my skin. I need a product to wash and moisture my skin to help it heal.
Anti-ageing expert
Anti-ageing expert

10 Jun

Thank you for the question.

This is a difficult question to answer over the net as ideally one would like to examine the pigmentation and marks before deciding on the best treatment approach. Factors that caused the marks and your skin type will also play a role in how one treats or approaches the marks.

Your most important topical product is sunscreen that is applied several times daily. Together with this one should practice sun avoidance as much as possible irrespective of the weather. Your most important ingredients to help lighten dark marks is vitamin C in the morning and vitamin A or retinol applied in the evening.

My advice would be to see a dermatologist again so that you can discuss your history and so that they can examine the skin to guide you on the best approach.

Alternatively please complete the online skin assessment at this link: https://skinmiles.com/face2face/

This will allow you to load a high-resolution photo of your face and answer a number of questions that will help me guide you on the best recommendation.

I hope the above has helped

Kind regards

Dr Alek Nikolic