Question

29 Oct

Persistent cough for the last 3-4 months
I have a persistent cough that for the last 3-4 months has produced white foamy sputum with no blood. Despite x-rays and different cough medicines / antibiotics etc. nothing is helping. I take warfarin, digoxin, lasix, atenalol, omniprozole and spiractin
Cough
Cough Expert

02 Nov

You don't appear to be on any medication that commonly causes chronic cough.  There are many possible causes including occult post-nasal drip (chronic hay fever) and acid coming up the food pipe (GORD). Cough medicines are unlikely to be helpful.  You may want to try some antihistamines to see if those help.  Discuss these possibilities with your medical practitioner, they are often the likely cause of chronic cough.