Question

26 May 2014

Stabbing pain in ribs when lying on sides or stretching to left or right side.
Good day. Since November 2013 I have been struggling with a stabbing pain in my ribs right under my left and right breast. The pain is specific and when I press on the area it also hurts like hell. It feels like someone stabbed me in the ribs with a knife. The problem never occurs during the day when doing normal activities. I do not exercise so I can't strain it further or think that it is due to an injury. I have been for x-rays and ultra sounds but nothing can be picked up. I've been to my gp and also a surgeon who removed two cists, one in each breast but this did not resolve the problem. According to the x-rays there is no fracture or any other problem with my ribs and it also states that my lungs appear normal. I have used a lot of different anti-inflammatory medication but this does not help at all. EG : Celebrex, OxyContan etc. I don't know where to go from here. I only have pain in one certain area and it is not at all over the whole rib cage. Please help me as I am totally lost.