Question

Unable to eat and nauseated
Hello! I'm a 22 y.o. female, 160 cm. approx 90 kg. No known health issues, not taking any meds. My problem is with my stomach. Out of nowhere, I started having nausea while eating. Brushed it off, thinking it'll go away. Next day I lost appetite, had nausea and some diarrhea. Today's been a week that i'm unable to eat. Whenever i eat something, I'm usually alright right after that, but a few hours into it I get nauseated and start passing some gas and then it goes out as diarrhea...It's been exactly one week today that it's been going on. It came very suddenly, I felt absolutely fine before. For the first 2 days, I felt as if my belly was kind of bloated in the upper part, then this symptom went away. Today, when the nausea started, I had this symptom once again. Also, whenever I consume something, bowel movements begin and last for a long time. At first I couldn't take in any food, then for the past 2 days I had some appetite and was able to take in a little once a day. Both times I immediately had to burp some as well, as if I ate a big amount. I don't have any other symptom, no fever, no pains or such. All my home doc said is that it could be covid, he told me to quarantine myself and endure it. No other questions or anything...he just said that. Called an ambulance as well, they cussed me out and told me to diet and call them if it gets worse. I'm unable to receive medical support at this point...please help.
The Dietitians

Hi Nikolett.

I am so sorry to hear about your condition. The first thing that is very important is to make sure that you hydrate yourself, because you are losing a lot of water with the bowel movements. Dehydration can make everything worse, so ensure that you are consuming at least 2 L of water a day. You also want to stay away from spicy and rich foods, as that will worsen the nausea. Focus on more bland foods, like toast with Marmite, banana, grated apples or rice with no sauce during the period when you do feel nauseous, and then once you feel a bit better you can introduce more variety in you diet again. If your symptoms does not improve go to your nearest clinic for a second opinion. Good luck with everything.