Question

12 May 2020

Weight loss through orbitrek and dumbbells
Good day I recently dusted off an orbitrek I have and never used, it almost immediately became a clothes rack after purchasing and moved to the garage for whatever reason. Along with a full set of adjustable dumbbells. My question is. I am so far able to do about 15 minutes orbitrek at which point I am quick breathless and then about 15 - 20 minutes full body dumbell exercises, 2 exercises per body part and 2 sets of 12-15 reps. My goal is to work this up to 30 minutes orbitrek and get heavier with weights as I go along with increasing to 3-4 sets per body part and split body parts into 2,so effectively do my whole body twice a week, so weights 4 times a week and orbitrek 4 times per week. I have enough weights to get to 19kg per dumbbell, so 38kg total and if need be when it gets too easy for the exercises to buy more. My question is will this aid me in losing weight and firming up? I am a mid 40 year old male, always been reasonably active but over the last 2 years become very sedentary. I eat well with some cheating but overall well. I am 6 foot 4 and weigh 100kg.

18 May 2020

Hi Pieter
Yes, this will definitely help, although one will have to eat healthy to also lose some weight. Good luck with the training, and remember just to increase it slowly but surely. Good luck and stay safe!