Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- ADHD Expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Asthma Expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Cough Expert
- Oral health expert
- Depression expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
- Oral health expert
- Sex expert
- Sinusitis Expert
22 Jul 2013
Why do my left upper arm and left foot feels numb with needles and pins?
There is a numb sensation in my upper left arm and left foot with needles and pins. Iam using sleeping pills since Dec 2012 such as Dormicum,Azor and Zolpidem.I do have high cholesterol and are using simvastatin since March 2013.I do exercise,do not smoke or use alcohol.Please advise.
You are on very strong medications and your body can react in various ways. Once again I cannot give you an analyses over email.
There is obviously a blockage in your body - whether it is from an injury, or your medications, or your diet or even physical trauma that your body might have experienced.
I would strongly suggest you see a registered reflexologist - let them take a comprehensive case study and after as treatment or two can guide you in the right direction.
Sometimes just taking more medications worsens some effects - you might be numbing the discomfort but not really dealing with the cause.
Please go to www.reflexologycourse.co.za and find a therapist near you.
I am based in the Jhb north area - you are very welcomed to book with me if you are in the same area.
Wishing you all the best.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Coronavirus morning recap: Recommendations for SA hotspots, and latest on vaccines
- Covid vaccines update: Trials, results - what we know so far
- OPINION | Why an antidepressant could be used to treat Covid-19
- How does the coronavirus reach the brain? Scientists have found out
- Researchers identify physical features that could make someone a Covid-19 super-spreader
- EXCLUSIVE | Covid-19 vaccine: SA missed first payment window to join COVAX, a global vaccine access initiative
- WATCH | Knysna, a popular town on the Garden Route, in the midst of Covid-19's second wave
- SA’s most vulnerable may ultimately pay the price for higher public sector wages, court hears
- Preview: Ramaphosa to face first motion of no confidence
- Johann Rupert-chaired Remgro swoops in with offer to buy shares in ‘embarrassment’ Rainbow Chicken
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
34% - 9269 votes
66% - 17892 votes