Ask an expert

05 Aug 2010

A bit worried
Hello, Hope someone can put my mind at rest. I hear that my ex is wanting to live in england. Thing is he has always been a bad/ late payer. If he decides to not pay the maintenance what can i do? How would i go about this?
Answer 382 views
Family law expert
family law expert

01 Jan 0001

A maintenance order that has been issued in South Africa can be enforced in the foreign country where the maintenance defaulter lives if it is a ‘proclaimed country’(including countries such as Australia, New Zealand, Canada, United States of
America, United Kingdom, Singapore, Nigeria, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Lesotho, Malawi,Namibia, Kenya and Hong Kong). The maintenance order will be sent to the relevant authority in the proclaimed country, so that it may be enforced. If you have a
provisional maintenance order, it must be confirmed before it can be enforced.

Bertus Preller
KWJ Inc.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9320 votes
67% - 18601 votes