Question

A change in breathing
Goodday

I have relocated from the Western Cape to Johannesburg about 6 months ago.

The past 2 weeks I have noticed that whilst sitting (studying) or whilst lying in bed (especially in the evenings), I battle to breathe. It feels like I need to breathe deep constantly to get enough oxygen and it feels like the air is not oxygen-sufficient. I need to get up, walk around to breathe properly.

I''m 34 years of age, female, have a healthy BMI, I don''t have high blood pressue, no heart problems, I don''t smoke, I go to the gym about 3 times a week, I''m currently a student (at home) and I''ve never worked in places where my lungs could''ve been affected with gasses etc.

Please can you assist with advice?

I suggest that you consult your doctor for a lung function test, chest x-ray, sinus x-ray and possible sleep study to determine if there is anything abnormal. It is strange to hear about your breathing problems. It is therefore, imperative to consult a doctor for an opinion.