Ask an expert

02 Aug 2010

A husand who needs to be begged before he could do something for me
I feel so sorry whenever I am sick because I am married to someone who does not care. Whenever I am sick he will just look on the other side as if he does not see me whenever I ask him he will say he didnt even notice, this frequently happens at night I am a person who sees things at night and I have realised that it is now better to just keep it inside me not tell him what I have decided to do with my sickness, I have also realised that he cares a lot about outside people whenever we talk he will feel pity for someone who is sick and tell me he helped that individual, people always call him for assistance because he is always there and not there for me. This morning he was telling me that yesterday while he was from work he recognised a car from one of his neighbours lady from back home in the Eastern Cape being driven by someone, he says he immediately called her and I asked him why, he said what if the car was stolen I just wanted to find out so that I can alert her that I have found her car, I then said what a lucky woman to have someone who cares for her and he just looked at me. I told him about what our priest has said that it is a womans month men needs to care for us and if they dont then must not feel guilty about that but care for ourselves, he said that priest talks nonsense I told him he is telling the truth if someone does not care then there are other men outside who can be able to do it or else care for yourself, please assist what do I do must I just keep quiet when I am sick and make him feel guilty or what please assist me
Answer 398 views

01 Jan 0001

Its not clear to me what sort of "sickness" is troubling you, but iis easy to udnerstand how distressing for you it is that your husband apparent;y is reluctant to notice or to take your concerns seriously.
Would it not be wise for you not to look to your husband for the sort of love and respect he seems, for some reason, unwilling to give, but rather to see a psychiatrist or other doctor or healer, for a proper assessment of whatever is the basis of your "illness" and get it dealt with. You deserve that. Maybe then later he will recognize that he overlooked a real problem.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9320 votes
67% - 18609 votes