Question

A nation of moaning minnies
I am as upset as anyone else about the proposed electricity hikes. An ordinary working person neither rich nor destitute, but certainly battling.

Everyone moans (including myself) but we do nothing about it. How about boycotting Eskom? Seriously, if everyone that pays electricity used only candles, gas (good old primus) with the light attachment, plate attachment, didn''t use their hairdryer, or tumble dryer, braai''d for a week and used their washing machine only minimally for a solid week being 7 days it would make a difference and they would have to take notice of us. But we moan and we do not stick together.

I will rather spend my hard earned cash and I watch every single penny on batteries, candles, gas and an air-pot after I have boiled my water on the primus than line the coffers of Eskom or anyone else.

Each person can make a difference to make it easier for all of us. Even the rich that feel it is morally wrong could help.

Are you willing to boil some water on a primus and use a tub to bathe or shower in a very cool shower? I am.

What is it that makes this nation not club together in things like this? Nothing racist about it either.. We are all struggling people barring a few.

Maybe somebody out there will read this and do the same thing. Heck in some countries if the local butcher hikes his prices the whole community boycotts until they are dropped to reasonable.

Considering the emerging evidence of how much of what we pay, and how much of the pay hikes, will go towards the obscenely inflated ridiculously high slaraies paid to the woesomely incompetent executives at Eskom, it'd be nice if there were more ways for the public to demand value for money and get rid of the dead wood ( dead wood, after all, being the only fuel some of us can afford )