Question

A WARNING TO ALL CAT LOVERS!!!
please make sure the cat u buy from the pet shop is really ok! Take it to the vet the day u buy it!

my sister bought me a kitten from a pet shop and his tail was broken. the lady at the petshop had told my sister that he was born with a 90 degree tail! i left him for a few days thinking he was ok but one day i happened to sit by him while he ate and i could HEAR his jaws grinding together! I took him to the vet and discovered that the person who had taken this poor animal to the vet hadnt just stepped on and broken his tail they had stepped on his whole body! he had cracked ribs and cracked jaw and very possibly internal bleeding. The vet rocommended we put him to sleep.. it broke my heart how could i deicded weather or not this animal should live or die? the vet told me he wouldnt live through the week and he would probably die a painful death so i finally consented to putting him to sleep. he fell asleep purring.. it was the first time i had ever heard him pur!
I went back to this petshop very upset and told the ppl how disgusted i was at them! they offered to give me my money back but all i wanted was my kitten back and they couldnt do that. A few days later i was walking past and the man there stopped me and said he had summing for me. He gave me a new kitten. I love this cat alot but i will always have a special place in my heart For Kri Kri .

PLEASE be careful where you buy ur pets. most of them are only interested in making money and not at all interested in the poor animals..
cybervet

Dear all and "sad lil me" - I agree kittens and puppies should never be sold or bought at pet shops. Go to the breeder's house or reputable animal welfare shelter where you can see where your pet was raised.
Karen Gray-Kilfoil
ANIMAL BEHAVIOURIST