Question

Ab muscle spasms
Doc

For the past couple of months I cannot do much ab exercises. I can barely do 2 sets of 10 reps. My ab muscles go into a severe spasm and sometimes I can hardly breathe from the pain. Although my abs are well define, I feel I need to exercise them. What could be the cause of this ?

Ed

Ed, you’ve got me with this one. I have no idea why only your abdominal muscles will cramp and not other muscles when you exercise them. I will have to examine you and probably do some tests before I will be able to give you an idea of what’s going on. The best would be to see your doctor and have him sort it out. Good luck.