Question

Abdominal aortic aneurysm
Dear Doc,

My mom has just been diagonized with the above condition. Firstly I would like you to recommend to us a top cardiologist who can perform an operation to remove this condition. Secondly I would like to know more about this condition. Is that hospital in Cape Town where Chris Bernard performed the first heart transplant accessible? Any similar hospital in Joburg? How much is this likely to cost.

Yours faithfully

Bekithemba Dube.

Dear Bekitemba
One guy that is very good with this is Prof J Van Marle, Vascular Surgeon, Netcare Unitas Hospital, (012) 6640937 - he did my dad's.